Tuesday, May 07, 2013

tiger mother


Here's the piece Franklin and I submitted for MAKE.SHIFT gallery's collaborative kids/adults art show on Friday. We talked about making a tiger and drew some sketches. He isn't drawing figures yet, but was excited about doing stripes. So I had him do the surface design. Then he drew some circle-ish shapes for the face and body patterns. He also gave me direction like "it needs two legs on each side" which sounds obvious and a bit bossy, but is slightly different than my usual critters. So it really was a collaborative effort, different than either of us would have created on our own.

If you want to make animals with me, get your name on the mailing list. One of these days I'm going to start teaching classes again and newsletter subscribers will be the first to know.

No comments: