Friday, June 21, 2013

personality goes a long way

I have never sewn a dog before. I'm not a dog person. I once wrote a short story called "dog kick girl." But when a special request came in for a pug for one of my favorite customers, I couldn't resist. Personality goes a long way. (in customers and in critters.)
I used the same pin tuck technique I use on whales to create the amazing forehead wrinkles for these dogs.
  
Sometimes I get so wrapped up in stitching hats I forget that making weird animals is a super creative and fun part of my business. I took a break from hats and just sewed critters all week. Hats may be the bread and butter of moth and squirrel, but animals are the personality. And personality goes a long way.

Stop by the farmer's market tomorrow to see a few new faces and to stock up on baby whales.


No comments: