Tuesday, September 04, 2012

'zine librarian style

I bought this necklace and earrings from the lucky dumpster about a month ago and have been patiently waiting for september to wear them.  Since I haven't been in school for so long, to say back to school style is a little silly. But I definitely like the school/librarian vibe, so I dub this style the 'zine librarian.
 James made the jewelry from old wooden rulers. Style is about breaking the rules of fashion and wearing what you love.

 For the rest of the look, it's the autumn version of stripes and florals I have been loving this summer. I bought the shirt from goodwill a while ago. Knee socks from H&M the first time I went there in New York City, probably about 6 years ago or was it 10? Boots are Simple brand, I love them.
And the skirt was my big personal crafty project this summer. It's lightweight fabric from Steeb's grandma's stash of fabric. I folded it selvedge edge to edge.  Then I used elastic thread in my bobbin case and stitched about a dozen rows around the top. This makes the faux smocking and is all the shaping. Then I added a patch pocket and stitched up the side. Super simple.


No comments: