Wednesday, November 17, 2010

crunch time


It is that time of year again. When I thought I was doing well and then I realized I was terribly behind schedule.When unexpected health problems(this year just a nasty stomach flu)throw off my plan for efficiently using every last minute before the big shows. When my family celebrations take the backseat to potential family income. When I fall into bed exhausted then can't sleep with to-do lists and guilt taking turns running around my mind.
Also when I am most inspired and think of new items I want to make. When I want to sew gifts for friends and all the expected babies. When curling up with a steaming mug of something and a knitting project seems the perfect way to weather the storm.
Oh november. will you always be this way?
Here's what helps:
small doses of my favorite christmas music while sewing. This year the top albums are James Brown, Charlie Brown and a mix I made with contemporary classics like Do they know its christmas, simply having a wonderful christmas time and christmas in hollis.

the moment franklin falls asleep for a nap I take out my hand sewing.

networking with all the awesome crafty mamas I know to trade kid care.

a horoscope I received telling me that there was freedom in the unknown.

remembering I chose this lifestyle.

No comments: